For babies and parents all over the world
MAM started back in 1976 – with the vision to create high-quality baby products which combine design, function and medical expertise in one product. Today MAM is a designer brand whose premium products set the benchmark for baby products and which has a presence on all five continents – in some places as the market leader.
- MAM sells its products all over the world, in more than 30 countries on five continents.
- Around 40 million MAM baby products are sold every year.
- MAM is the market leader in the pacifier segment in the USA and in many European countries.
MAM sets the trend
Incisive shapes. Clear colours. Clever functions for children and parents. Or, to put it another way, ultra-cool classic examples of baby product design. This is MAM. Unmistakable and unrivalled. The company's unique character has emerged because unique teams work on it: In the MAM studios, designers work with highly renowned medical practitioners to create products, and highly qualified engineers transform the ideas into innovative solutions encompassing various shapes and materials. This results in products which give children the best start in life. And allow discerning parents to make real style statements.
Cult, award-winning design
Design awards for pacifiers? Yes, because MAM has revolutionised the baby products market with products which combine technological innovation, medically sound function and trendsetting design.
It all began back in 1976 when designers from Vienna's University of Applied Arts designed the first MAM pacifier. The MAM product range has since grown to cover a full assortment of baby products and the company now has a global presence. But one thing hasn't changed: The models sold under the Austrian baby label regularly receive awards. And they enjoy cult status among style-conscious parents.
Ground-breaking MAM design, the technological innovations from the MAM studios and the company's commitment and dedication to ensuring safe and healthy development for babies have all won praise internationally. Recognition from experts is highly valued by the people who work for MAM. The only thing that's more important is to see satisfied MAM parents and happy MAM babies.
MAM has links with a network of renowned experts in their field. Every single MAM product is developed working in partnership with experts. The MAM network comprises partners from the worlds of science and research, applied medicine and also child and parent care, specifically from the following areas:
- Paediatric dentistry
- Paediatric nursing care
- Developmental psychology
- Education/learning research
- Parental support
MAM supports international research projects, medical clinical studies, specialist events, infirmaries, advice classes for parents and children's aid organisations.
Examples of MAM cooperations:
- The Finnish group of "baby-friendly infirmaries" is equipped with baby products by MAM.
- In the United Arab Emirates, pregnant women are given help and advice by MAM experts on "dental care for children – right from the very start".
- The South African advisory organisation for parents of premature babies is supported by MAM.
- The MAM office in Chile is an established cooperation partner to the Chilean Midwives' Association.
- MAM Italy teamed up with the Italian Pharmacy Association to launch a series of workshops to provide training and further training to pharmacists.
- MAM works with expert organisations all over the world on research projects and to increase awareness of all aspects of the risk posed to babies' health by SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) – in the United Kingdom, for example, it works with FSIDS UK, and in the USA with "First Candle" and the AAPD (American Academy for Pediatric Dentists).
MAM's working relationship with designers, technology specialists and its medical and scientific expert partners regularly yields ground-breaking design and material solutions. It's these innovations that make MAM products for babies and parents the leading designer brand for baby products.
MAM has so far registered 63 patents – 30 of them for technical innovations and 33 for design innovations. Here's a sample:
Most MAM pacifiers have a unique shield plate design on the inside. This ensures that plenty of fresh air gets through to the baby's skin.
MAM’s patented Silk Teat® is silicone with a difference. No other feels softer. And because it won't slip either, the pacifier stays in the baby's mouth with ease.
The Anti-Colic has a special valve in the base of the bottle which controls the flow of milk. This means babies stay calm and relaxed as they drink because they don't swallow any air.
The patented valve on the MAM drinking cups is 100% spill-proof – making these cups the ideal companion for your baby's hectic daily lifestyle.
MAM is committed globally to carrying out research and raising awareness of issues surrounding the health of babies. The company works not only with its network of experts from the worlds of science and medicine, but also in direct partnership with well-known organisations.
One example is MAM's support for the international group of researchers working on reducing the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).
More on the SIDS Initiative, click here
MAM helps helpers
Making life easier for families and children is not just the ultimate aim of MAM's development work, but is also the motto which best sums up the company's commitment to social causes. This is why MAM supports organisations set up to help children and parents all over the world, for example children's cancer care organisations or hospitals in emerging nations and the Third World.
A special partnership exists with the CARE organisation and its "Shakti" project in Nepal, which is dedicated to fighting poverty and empowering women.
More on the "Shakti" project, click here