MAM Natural Latex
Responsibility for product & production
There are good reasons why many parents like to choose latex when selecting the right pacifiers for their baby:
- Latex is extra soft and pleasant for babies.
- Latex is particularly firm to the bite.
- Latex is made from natural material.
However, not all latex is the same. The quality of the actual raw material, the latex milk, varies. MAM pacifiers are manufactured in Europe in compliance with strict quality standards. However, to get the best latex MAM goes to the place where the raw material grows naturally: to Thailand. Ultimately, only a carefully controlled manufacturing process guarantees that healthy teats which are safe for babies to use are produced from the natural material.
Responsibility for the product
To manufacture teats from the best Natural Latex itself, MAM established its own production facility in 2002: MAM Thaimed.
- The factory is situated very close to the plantations – the raw material is processed straight away on site.
- Long transportation routes and the associated loss in quality are dispensed with.
- MAM Thaimed obtains latex milk from farming families and small cooperatives in the surrounding area which operate in an environmentally sustainable way.
- Thanks to a special production process – known as leaching – MAM Natural Latex pacifiers are particularly low in allergens, as scientific studies confirm: Investigations were unable to find any substances that may trigger an allergy.
- MAM therefore carries out checks to ensure that its strict quality guidelines are complied with: from obtaining the raw material, producing the teats and the entire supply chain right through to the finished baby accessory!
Responsibility for production
To manufacture teats from the best natural latex itself, MAM established its own production facility in 2002: MAM Thaimed.
- MAM pays fair wages
- MAM has set up the Provident Fund: A provision for Thaimed members which is set aside monthly for each employee.
- Thaimed employees and their families receive additional insurance policies and extra holiday, as well as a contribution to the costs of training their children
- The children of MAM Thaimed workers are securely housed in a kindergarten which is supported by MAM.
- MAM is committed to helping the region and the Thaimed factory – for instance financial support for the construction of a prayer house has been provided.
The fact that MAM not only obtains the raw material but also has Natural Latex produced locally does of course also benefit the economy of Thailand as a whole. In 2009, the Thai Prime Minister presented the "Thai Prime Minister’s Industry Award" to MAM for the second time for its high social standards and long-term commitment and dedication to the country. Numerous other awards, such as the "Best Labour Protection & Welfare Award 2008" and the "Zero Accident Award 2007", bear testament to the high degree of responsibility that MAM takes: for both its products and the people who manufacture them.
Responsibility for purchases
For demanding parents, MAM natural latex means triple security: natural, low-allergen material processed in an ecologically friendly way. With their responsibly minded purchase decision, they give babies the best start in life.