More than just a Mum
Even though being a Mum is the best thing ever, in between changing diapers and breastfeeding you still have your own needs. You need to relax, be stimulated and swap experiences with other adults.
- Organise child-free days: ideally spend them with your partner. They are also hugely enriching for super mums, and really help to nurture your relationship.
- Take a break from motherwear: If you feel like being feminine for a change, an appropriate outfit will help you out. A little black number, a costume, an evening dress … Even though a certain amount of effort is required to make you feel chic, you'll feel great afterwards.
- You must make sure you pamper yourself, especially at strenuous times in your life. Pick up a care pack for your hair, pay a visit to a beautician or masseur – and you'll feel fit and sexy again in no time.
- Although it's interesting to swap experiences, if you want to take your mind off things, you need new topics to talk about. It doesn't matter whether you talk about your next holiday or your plans after you finish maternity leave, outside input will help you relax. You should therefore seek contact with non-parents and meet up with old friends again.
- Concert halls, theatres and bars are all child-free areas – not suited to discussing childcare and ideal places to switch off.