4.1 Website Usage Data
When you visit our website, the data collected from your use of the website is temporarily stored on our web server for statistical purposes to improve the quality of our website. This data set contains:
- Information about the browser type and version used;
- Your user's operating system;
- Your user's Internet service provider;
- The IP address of your user’s device shortened to such an extent that no reidentification of any personal data is possible;
- Date and time of access;
- The access status (file transmitted; file not found);
- Websites from which your user's system reached our website; and,
- Websites accessed by your user's system through our website.
We will not process your usage data for a period longer than the duration of the session.
4.2 Storage of Your IP Address for Security Purposes
Our website stores the IP address transmitted by your web browser for a period of seven (7) days, strictly for the purpose of identifying, restricting and eliminating attacks on our website.
4.3 Integration of other technical third-party content and functions
We use the technical functions and contents of third-party providers listed below to display our websites. When accessing our website, certain content will be downloaded from the third-party providers who provide these functions and content. The third-party provider will thereby be informed that you have accessed our site and will receive the usage data that is technically required for this purpose.
We embed this content based on our legitimate interest to make the site more appealing and informative (Art. 7, IX LGPD). In individual cases, we will ask for your consent via the cookie banner (Art. 7, I LGPD).
If you do not agree to the processing of your personal data by the integration of the above-mentioned third-party content, you can object to further processing when using our websites at any time. To do so, please deactivate the downloading of web fonts and scripts by using suitable extensions and add-ons, such as NoScript, in your browser.
4.4 MAM for consumers - MAM Baby Club
We will also process your personal data to send you personalized newsletters. For that purpose, we use Emarsys as a provider. To better understand how Emarysy processes your personal data under our instructions, please see section 4.11. If you wish to join the MAM Baby Club, we will ask you to provide us with some personal information to register you in the club and where you will be able to enjoy a variety of benefits.
The MAM Club will provide you with
- Information about MAM and automatic notifications when new products are available; and
- Access to the MAM Baby Online Shop where you can purchase our products.
We kindly ask you to fill our registration form providing us with the following details:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Email address;
- City; and,
- How did you hear about MAM?
In order to get to know you better and to personalize our services in the MAM Club and to offer you more interesting content in the MAM Baby Club (such as personalized product suggestion and coupons), we also ask you, on a voluntarily basis, to provide the following information:
- Street Address;
- House Number;
- ZIP Code;
- Date of Birth;
- Information relating to your pregnancy (First name of your unborn baby, if you have already chosen on one, expected birthday, expected gender, etc.);
- Information relating to your baby’s development – About my child(ren) (Do you already have children aged under 3?, name, birthday, gender, etc.)
In addition, we may process your data for these purposes:
- Market research – your contact information and your gender.
- Personalization – your gender and information regarding your pregnancy and baby’s development are collected to offer you tailored personalized electronic messages to support you in this important phase of your life. Please also consult our section regarding “Information relating to Children and/or Minors”.
If you have granted your consent, we may receive your registration to the MAM Baby Club and related services from our partners or affiliates. We will only receive the details you have shared on the registration form.
We ask you to voluntary provide your gender details, in order to segment our audience for our market research activities.
We will additionally process your date and time of registration for documentation purposes.
You can change or delete your profile within your account at any time. Data will then be deleted from the system automatically immediately if there are no retention requirements and/or if the data is not required on an individual case basis (e.g. in the case of open claims).
4.5 MAM for Health Care Professionals - MAM Service 4 Professionals]
As a health care professional with access to the MAM Service 4 Professionals, you can enjoy a variety of benefits within our access restricted areas.
If you wish to join the MAM Service 4 Professionals as a Health Care Professional, please register. You can register or log-in via the MAM Login. Please review the information below for further details.
You will be able to use our services targeted to health care professionals once you register. We will provide you with:
- Information about MAM and development-related content;
- Access to the MAM Baby Online Shop where you can purchase our products;
- Access to the MAM Healthcare Network featuring an overview of current events and trainings and access to events (through the websites provided by the entities for such events);
- Access to a study database containing scientific studies on development-related topics with different filter functions;
- Access to the MAM Science Corner where you can deepen your knowledge; and,
- Access to a quarterly MAM Scientific Newsletter.
You can change or delete your profile within your account at any time. Data will then be deleted from the system automatically if there are no retention requirements and/or if the data is not required on an individual case basis (e.g. in the case of open claims).
MAM Login for Health Care Professionals
Please provide the following information:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Email address;
- Area of Work (different options to select); and,
- Occupational Proof (professional qualification such as degree, leaving certificate, professional ID, etc). You can alternatively send or fax the proof of your qualifications to a fax number or a post address mentioned in the registration form.
MAM is offering this specific section only for HCPs due to its enhanced knowledge basis and services are targeted towards HCPs.
In order to get to know you better and to offer you more interesting content in the Service4Professionals (such as personalized product suggestions and coupons), we also ask you, on a voluntary basis to provide the following information:
- Street Address;
- Street Address 2;
- Postcode / Zip;
- Date of Birth;
- Name of Institution;
We will additionally process your date and time of registration for documentation purposes.
4.6 Products & On-line Shop
Consumers, customers and health care professionals can purchase our products in our online shop. If you wish to use our online shop, you will be requested to register and create an account. We will process your name, address, email and billing and shipping information in order to process and deliver your orders.
We have concluded appropriate data privacy agreements, ensuring that appropriate technical and security measures are in place to guarantee the safety of your information.
4.7 Payment Collect
If you use our Payment Collect services, we will collect your order data, invoice amount, invoice due dates and description of the article in order to verify that we have received your payment from one of the payment providers. Depending on the selection of your payment method, you will be redirected to a different platform where the payment collect takes place. The amount of personal information relating to your payment data that is collected is different for each of the payment providers. If you wish to receive more information about the categories of personal information collected and the operation in general, please visit the corresponding privacy policies of the providers. The method of payment and the transfer of data to one of the payment providers will be voluntarily selected by you.
4.8 Electronic Communications
We offer several different ways to keep you updated on our news, offers and other commercial or business information:
- Transactional emails: Transactional emails are emails to facilitate or confirm a commercial relationship that you already have agreed to. This includes order information, stock updates, delivery emails and order confirmations.
- Customer Satisfaction surveys: We are working on continuously improving our services and products so we send out commercial electronic messages to review your satisfaction as our customer. If you receive an email inviting you to participate on a customer satisfaction survey, it’s because you provided your email address during the purchasing process.
- Stock update emails: You can subscribe to a one-time information email to inform you that we the product of your choice in back in stock. Your data will only be used for this purpose.
- Baby News emails: You can subscribe to a free of charge electronic message “My personal pregnancy calendar” and / or “baby development calendar” on our webpage during the registration process. When registering for the electronic message, we ask you separately to voluntarily provide your name and email address. When you register, you will receive a confirmation email from us and after you have clicked on the link, you will start receiving the selected electronic message.
- For HCPs: If you are a registered HCP, you may subscribe to the quarterly free of charge scientific electronic message. If you wish to receive the electronic message, we will obtain your consent on a separate basis. When you register, you will receive a confirmation email from us and after you have clicked on the link, you will start receiving the selected electronic message.
If you have granted your consent, we may receive your subscription to our newsletters from our partners or affiliates. You can also send us a request via the contact methods provided here, to object to the processing.
Please note that in case of an ongoing contractual relationship, we will continue to store your email address to deliver our goods and services and in case you send us a query, which we will answer by email.
4.9 Data Transfers
We use a variety of service providers who support us in organizing our online shop and associated delivery services, we also receive technical support from agencies and information security specialists to make sure that your personal information is safely processed. We only transfer personal information if appropriate written contracts have been concluded and if we are able to guarantee an appropriate level of privacy.
4.10 UGC Terms & Conditions
User Generated Content Policy
By consenting to allow MAM to use your social media post on the MAM digital platforms such as the MAM website, a dedicated User Generated Content (defined below) gallery page, MAM social media channels, email communications and websites (the MAM Channels) you are agreeing to the following policy:
1. All posts and content tagged with the #yesMAM!, or used on the MAM Channels, including without limitation, your name, biographical information and all other names, usernames, pseudonyms, text, likenesses, graphics, logos, marks, images, photographs, code, videos, clips, GIFs, moving images and all other information and material shall be referred to in this policy as "UGC”.
2. You hereby grant to MAM a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable exclusive, assignable, royalty-free licence and all necessary permissions and/or consents required (with full right to sub-license) to use, reproduce, exploit, publish, modify and alter your UGC including, without limitation, the right to adapt, alter, amend or change your UGC.
3. Any UGC you consent to us using will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
4. You hereby warrant and represent that:
a. you own all rights in the UGC;
b. if your UGC contains any material that is not owned by or licensed to you or which is subject to third party rights, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to our use of your UGC, all releases, consents and/or licenses necessary to permit our use of your UGC.
c. you have obtained permission from any person(s) identifiable in the UGC to grant the rights specified in this policy, or where those person(s) are aged 18 years or under, you either:
i. are the parent or legal guardian of such identified person(s); or
ii. have obtained the express consent from a parent or legal guardian of such identified person(s) to their appearance in the UGC and to you submitting the UGC to the MAM Channels;
d. your UGC (including its use, publication and/or exploitation by us) shall not:
i. infringe the copyrights or database rights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person or entity;
ii. be abusive, offensive or contain otherwise inappropriate language;
iii. contain remarks that repeat criminal accusations, false, defamatory or misleading statements;
iv. contain profanity, blasphemy, spiteful, racist, sexually explicit, sexually gratuitous or discriminatory comments or content that might be considered to be harassment, abuse or threats against the personal safety or property of others;
v. contain material which impersonates others or personal information about anyone, including yourself, such as phone numbers, postal addresses or credit card numbers;
vi. breach any legal or fiduciary duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
vii. contain any malicious code, such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other potentially harmful programmes, codes or material; and
viii. violate any other applicable law, statute, ordinance, rule or regulation.
5. You reserve the right to reverse your decision to allow us to use your UGC at any time from the initial point of agreement, however MAM shall not be obligated to delete any previously published posts with your UGC.
6. You give us the right to use the UGC on the MAM Channels at any time that we choose, for any purpose, including to advertise our products. Publication of your UGC will be at our sole discretion and we are entitled to make additions or deletions to your UGC prior to publication, after publication or to refuse publication.
7. You are not entitled to any fee, financial reward or other incentives if we use your UGC on any of the MAM Channels.
9. MAM is not liable for any UGC or its use. You shall indemnify and hold us harmless and any person acting our behalf from any and all claims, demands, costs, liabilities, damages and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) which we may incur in connection with the use of your UGC.
10. We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time, and we will notify you of these changes when made.
4.11 Personalized Experience and Newsletters
We use Emarsys for the purpose of personalization of your experience in our website and to send you personalized newsletters. Emarsys works through cookies and tracking pixels which help us to get to know you and your preferences better and to deliver personalized contents to you.
If you don’t have an account in the MAM Baby club, your personal data will be collected through Emarsys cookies in order to provide you with generic recommendations on most-viewed or best-selling products. If you do have an account in the MAM Baby Club and sign up while visiting our website, personal data regarding your visit will be gathered and linked to your profile during this and future visits, thus helping us to provide you with newsletters, promotions, and information that agree with your preferences.
The following personal data will be gathered by Emarsys:
• Browser and version
• Your device’s operating system
• Referring URL
• IP address (hashed and abbreviated)
• Session and cookie IDs
• Pseudonymous identifier (external ID or Emarsys email hash) in the case of logged-in visitors
• Web traffic session data: product views (mayViewed cookie) and carts (mayAdd cookie).
These data, both from signed-in and non-sign-in users, will be processed for the following purposes:
1. Tracking web behavior in order to personalize your experience and the services and products that we offer to you; and,
2. Enriching your profile within the MAM Baby Club in order to personalize the content offered to you.
If you wish to consent to the processing of these personal data and take advantage of personalized content and newsletters, you can activate the cookie in section 5. If in the future you no longer wish to consent, please inactivate the same cookie in section 5 and we’ll stop processing your personal data. Regarding data retention periods please see section 8.