Sucking on a pacifier is an effective and simple way to support babies
MAM Preemies are medical devices (CE) for premature babies that are only suitable for hospital use. They are intended to compensate for the sucking and swallowing weaknesses in premature babies. They therefore do not comply with EN 1400 and 16 CFR 1511, and must not be taken home.
*MAM products are CPSIA compliant, EN 1400 compliant and completely safe for babies - BPA-free, BPS-free, lead-free and PVC-free.
1) WHO The Global Action Report on Preterm Birth (2012)
2) Sehgak S.K., Prakash O., Gupta A., Mohan M., Anand N.K., Evaluation of beneficial effects of nonnutritive sucking in preterm infants. Indian Pediatr 1990; 27(3):263–266
3) Gill N.E., Behnke M., Conlon M., Anderson C.G., Nonnutritive sucking modulates behavioral state for preterm infants before feeding. Scand J Caring Sci 1992; 6(1):3–7
4) Kaya, V., & Aytekin, A. (2017). Effects of soother use on transition to full breastfeeding and sucking skills in preterm infants: a randomised controlled trial. Journal of clinical nursing; 26(13–14), 2055–2063
5) Birns B., Blank M., Bridger W.H., The effectiveness of various soothing techniques on human neonates. Psychosom Med 1966; 28(4):316–322
6) Redshaw M., Rivers R., Rosenblatt D. (1985). Born too early: Special care for your preterm baby. Oxford, Oxford University Press.